As a result of their deep investigations experience across a wide spectrum of issues (FCPA, False Claims Act and qui tam matters, Anti-Kickback Act, civil fraud, financial wrongdoing, government contracting, conflict of interest, confidential business information, political corruption, bid rigging), David Wallace-Jackson and Matt Forsgren have conducted investigations and post-acquisition due diligence across the United States and around the world (including in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America). They have advised multinational companies with operations in several of the world’s “hot spots,” including Angola, Brazil, China, Egypt, Mexico, Moldova, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, and the United Kingdom. In doing this work, David and Matt regularly partner with computer-forensic specialists, forensic auditors, and other law firms when greater scale is necessary or niche expertise is required. We have met a lot of talented people over the years, we’ve maintained those relationships, and we play well with others.
We also assist clients in creating, implementing, and reviewing their compliance programs and policies. We have helped clients develop risk models, due-diligence screening programs for third-party vendors and intermediaries, training programs, policy guidance, and onboarding screening processes. We conduct employee-training programs specifically tailored to the client’s location, third-party partners, industry, customers, and geography.
- Investigated multiple whistleblower allegations of business misconduct in a publicly traded company’s South American operations
- After a police raid in Poland, conducted internal investigation into potential FCPA and U.K. Bribery Act violations (at the behest of a U.S. company’s board-of-directors audit committee) and received a rare double declination for cooperating fully with DOJ and SEC
- Conducted multiple internal investigations for a national airline relating to public-safety issues and worker-misconduct allegations
- Led an internal investigation regarding complex anti-fraud and corporate-governance issues for a publicly traded company
- Assisted in the development and rollout of a centralized, third-party risk-management program